Vacancy 1906 Fire Alarm Technician Auckland
We require an experienced Fire Alarm Technician. This role is focused on diagnosis, repair of existing systems.
We are seeking a team player to join our busy Auckland team who fault find and repair existing alarm systems. From time to time you may be involved in small installations.
This role would suit someone who has3-5 years’ experience in the fire alarm industry. You would be knowledgeable of the conventional and analogue addressable systems in NZ such as Pertronic and Ampac.
Your role will include but not be limited to working with Fire Protection Systems and Security Alarms:
· Diagnosing system faults
· Repairing faults
· Minor installation work
· Rostered on call to attend afterhours call outs.
You will hold:
· A clean, full NZ driver licence
· NZ residency or current work visa is required.
· Awesome knowledge of NZ Standards
· Preferably hold NZQA Fire Detection and Alarm Systems L4
· 3-5 years’ experience in Fire Alarms
· Great customer service skills
You will be able to communicate easily and professionally in both oral and written English, and be well presented.
You will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing.
Please apply by 31 August 2019.
Email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy 1911 Compliance Technician Trainee - Whangarei
· Whangarei based
· Entry level role
· Trainee role – NZQA training
· You will get to work in the amazing scenery of the Far North
About the role
As a trainee, you will be allocated tasks like testing fire protection systems like sprinklers and alarms along with other building features. Once you are competent to carry out this work you will be allocated a monthly run. These will be your customers each month and they will be relying on you to test their systems according to the NZ Standards in order for the Annual Building Warrant of Fitness to be completed.
Given time your career pathway could include working towards being an IQP or a move to a specialised field like alarm service.
You will be supported through on-line training courses, and in the field where you will build your knowledge and skills.
Thus, we are looking for someone fit and ready to learn.
Willing to set yourself learning targets and keep to them.
Can take ownership of the testing and complete it each month.
Able to build relationships with customers and your team.
Demonstrate initiative; and have sound organisational skills.
Able to pay close attention to the details such as the year of installation so you test the system to the correct NZ Standard.
You will need:
· Full Driver licence and able to drive a manual vehicle.
· You will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
NZ residency or current work visa is required.
We offer a competitive package including:
· An opportunity to gain NZQA qualification
· A supportive team and learning environment
· Uniform including safety shoes.
· When trained, a company vehicle that can be used to get to and fro from work.
If this opportunity sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please email your cv and contact details to email@example.com by 02 August 2019.
Please quote vacancy number 1911 in the subject line of your email.